The early ministers of Frank Avenue Church were Rev. Holly, Rev. Hill, Rev. Thompson, Rev. Paige and Rev. B.K. Smith.
East Mt. Zion moved from Frank Ave. to Cedar Ave. and 103rd Street in 1923 under the leadership of Rev. B.K. Smith. After Rev. B.K. Smith retired and Rev. Ernest Hall became Pastor, things changed rapidly. In the second or third year of his pastorage the basement of the church was enlarged. Six rooms on the 103rd street side, one room on the Cedar side and a large assembly room was put under the main auditorium of the church.
East Mt. Zion moved into it’s present location at 9990 Euclid Avenue in November 1955 under the pastorage of the late Rev. William M. Downs. At this time, there was a membership of 1500 – 2000 people.